—April 12, 2011 - Owners of either the original iPad or the slim, new iPad 2 will find much to enhance their enjoyment of Apple's magical tablet in TidBITS Publishing Inc.'s latest ebook, Take Control of Media on Your iPad, Second Edition
(TidBITS Publishing Inc., $15.00 USD), written by digital-media expert Jeff Carlson.
Carlson carefully covers the basics, so even new iPad users can get up to speed quickly. For those who want to go further, Carlson expands their media universe, helping them explore a variety of options, whether they want to read ebooks, enjoy music or audiobooks, watch video, or view photos. The ebook also helps readers integrate their iPad with an Apple TV, and it has tips that will help iPad 2 owners take better photos with that device's cameras.
Carlson answers many common questions, including:
- How do I move my media to my iPad?
- How do I highlight reading material in iBooks?
- What app should I use to check out ebooks from my public library?
- How do I read magazines on the iPad?
- How do I play my music from my iPad to my home stereo system?
- How can I make music playlists right on the iPad?
- What are six ways of adding a video file to the iPad's memory?
- How do I set up a slideshow of my photos on the iPad?
- What tricks can I use to take better photos with my iPad 2 camera?
- How do RAW images work with the iPad?
- How can I integrate my iPad and my Apple TV?
- How can I use my iPad as a remote control for consumer electronics?